Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Flounder Light Design!

Babbling Barnacled Blue Crab banjovie's Avatar

New Sm My New Flounder Light Design!

Well I finally did it. I have designed and built the" Banjovie Serries III Night Stick!" I Decided last year after capsizing my battery float a few times in the gulf to make a self contained light for Gulf Gigging. My latest design in wade gigging lights is based on 2Ea Aqua Star LED lights. 1920 lumens total, and the pair draw 1.9 amps vs 8.2 on the StarfireII design. I am working the self contained battery pack based on 8 D cell batteries that will plug and play. The light is versitile, you can still run it as i always have Battery float and wire set up or even with a small deep cycle in a back pack. The D cell pack will let it run for 6Hrs. Small deep cycle (Wheel chair battery fo 8 to 10 hrs ) Normal GP 27 deep cycle aprox 63 hrs on 1 charge. Still has the switch, and sling. The lights also come with Green lenses for deeper water or merky water.
    Name:  FL1.jpg
Views: 3660
Size:  166.7 KB
    Name:  FL2.jpg
Views: 3325
Size:  136.2 KB
    Name:  FL3.jpg
Views: 4017
Size:  155.4 KB
    4SIGHT Field tested it last night, I am waiting feed back. The Total cost of builbing the light is $175. Would be a great package with 1 of Chopped Titanium Gigs!!

Crazed Cantankerous Croaker fulish850's Avatar
    nice looking setup banjo , dangggg the LED light will run for weeks on one charge nice work . so how was the 8 wader wide gig trip ???
    Last edited by fulish850; 04-25-2011 at 10:41 AM.

The Whole World In My Arms !

the crazy 8

Quote Originally Posted by fulish850 View Post
    nice looking setup banjo , dangggg the LED light will run for weeks on one charge nice work . so how was the 8 wader wide gig trip ???
    Wed didnt make it out with 8 Yet but its coming soon will PM ya when we do.

Da-Fun-We-Lack Springs RE:DeFuniak on the map
    Not only for giggin'!!! That looks like the setup for just night time fishin' from the boat.

Brent
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

Salty Slippery Speckled Trout Feebleoldman's Avatar

Clap2 Great looking light

Thats a great looking light, Banjo. What is the lumin output, if you happen to have it figured out?. Give us a little sales pitch with more information. What is the power source. how much does it weigh? A video of it being used would seal the deal. Those high intensity LED sure put out some light don't they. Next boat mounted array? Hmmmm

Salty Slippery Speckled Trout Feebleoldman's Avatar

oops should have read the post to engrossed in the picture.

Your a very smart fella.
    Last edited by Feebleoldman; 04-25-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer

Light specs

Quote Originally Posted by Feebleoldman View Post
    Thats a great looking light, Banjo. What is the lumin output, if you happen to have it figured out?. Give us a little sales pitch with more information. What is the power source. how much does it weigh? A video of it being used would seal the deal. Those high intensity LED sure put out some light don't they. Next boat mounted array? Hmmmm
    The light output is 960 lumens each light x 2= 1920 lumens. They run off any 12 V dc source. There will be a video soon, AMP draw is only .96 amps each bulb =1.9AMP draw for the stick based on a group 27 Deep Cycle rated for 115 amp hour rating it will run over 60 hours on a single charge. I have wired the entire light with male and female connectors for vesitility and reliabi.ity. If a swithc stops working simply bypass it with the oposing m/fm conectors. It is real reliable set up. I can easly design a serious set up for a boat in AC and DC. The overall weight of the light is 5.5lbs unsure with the d cell pack yet.
    Last edited by banjovie; 04-25-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Da-Fun-We-Lack Springs RE:DeFuniak on the map
    One o' dem and a chum bag on each corner oughta be illegal!!!

Brent
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

Bodacious Bull Minnow

Ingenuity

Its great to see people using their brains to build items for their specific needs!
    You coming up with an idea to use the D cells and LEDs is a fantastic idea.It looks like a real winner.Cant wait to see some video of it in use for sure.
    Congratulations.

Bodacious Bull Minnow mikey 4sight's Avatar

Team Frodo Pro-Staffer Mike Forsyth gives two thumbs up

The lights work great there was just a lack of flounder during our trip Sunday night to gig. low tide where we were did not help. led is the way to go the pure white light is a big help. i like the option to change form white light to green in about 30 seconds. (i like white). now its time to get another battery small under 12 lbs. I'm young but i still don't enjoy hauling a 65lb battery to the water. for those of you that got to see banjo's series II lights these lights are twice as bright the flatties don't stand a chance. got a few pics sorry no video yet
    Name:  DSCN0013.JPG
Views: 3072
Size:  91.9 KBName:  DSCN0015.JPG
Views: 3040
Size:  97.4 KBName:  DSCN0018.JPG
Views: 3030
Size:  93.8 KBName:  DSCN0011.JPG
Views: 3033
Size:  94.3 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast