Search Amazon Hunting and Fishing on Amazon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: NAACP wants Confederate flag removed from memorial in Crestview

NAACP wants Confederate flag removed from memorial in Crestview

Updated: Tuesday, September 10 2013, 09:38 PM CDT

The NAACP wants the Confederate battle flag removed from a memorial in Crestview. The memorial honors Florida's last Civil War veteran, who died in 1957. The local chapter president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People compared the flag to the Berlin Wall. He said it represents a wall of terror, hatred, murder, bigotry and shame. The Florida division of the "Sons of Confederate Veterans", said the flag is a sign of history, not hate. The memorial was put up along State Road 85. There was an earlier attempt to remove the flag in 1996, but it failed. Williams says he had no issue with the memorial, just the flag. The NAACP has organized protests and economic boycotts to bring down the Confederate flag.

Read More and see video at: Push to remove Confederate flag from memorial - WEAR ABC Channel 3 - Top Stories

I have no comment! ​ Well, yes I do....

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just piss on it and walk away!

Need to buy or sell A home or property??? contact me and lets make it happen!!!

I am an expert in short sales and have a very high success rate!!

Oh hell no. What is so wrong with a little flag in remembrance of a man that fought for what he believed in. I will personally stand beside it to keep it from being removed. I have never been arrested (probably should have been a time or two) but this would be a good cause.

You cannot or should not be allowed to erase someone's heritage in the name of race relations. This man fought and died for what he believed and I see nothing wrong with honoring his beliefs.

It may be a small eraser but they are slowly erasing our heritage and it is time it stops!

Frazzled Flounder Founder choppedliver's Avatar
    Yep, total bullshit. I tell you what got my panties in a wad today was I saw a "NABVETS" sticker. National Association for Black Veterans.

Tired of the reverse racism bullshit, and the double standards, but more importantly, if you are a VET, you are a VET. I don't give a flying f*ckadoodle if you are purple with pink polkadots. What is the purpose of having a vet org where you divide them up by color? Isn't that "segregation". Isn't that saying "My service is more important than your service. You aren't eligible to be a part of our group". How about NAWVETS. Anyone? Beuller? How about NAAVETS ( Asian ), do we need a NASVETS, a NAIVETS, and a NAMVETS? What's so special about being black that you need your own vet's organization. It's emphasis on race, yet a flag flown in the 1800's is supposedly racist and they are trying to wipe out symbols of history. If there is a hell, I hope Satan stokes the fires with race baiting, divisionary, two faced scumbags members of the NAACP.
    JPack58, Recess, patoz and 5 others like this.

Chris,

Don't you know it is all part of demeaning the white race to the point that we are ashamed of being white? I am tired of this as most are but are afraid of saying. I have no problem with the races that earn their keep but what I have a problem with is the races that think we or any other race owes them something.

I don't owe crap to anyone except Uncle Sam and that's to much now days. I am tired of this!
    Recess, hollywood and KingCrab like this.

Yep, I just don't believe I'm responsible for anything that happened 200 years ago!

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just piss on it and walk away!

Quote Originally Posted by patoz View Post
    Yep, I just don't believe I'm responsible for anything that happened 200 years ago!
    Amen!

Wouldn't have this problem if George Wallace had won the election in 68.

You just can't fix stupid. The War was more about the Federal Government take over of the States rights. Hence the reason for the 14th Amendment, which by the way is still illegal to this day. The Fourteenth Amendment is Unconstitutional - Judge L.H. Perez
    II Chronicles 7:14

http://alljiggedup.com/

Randy's Canvas & Marine Vinyls
    850-279-4140
    850-855-5314 cell
    Custom Awnings - Repairs
    Boat Cushions - Curtains and more

Salty Slippery Speckled Trout flounderslayerman's Avatar
    Chris, I couldn't agree with you more. Total BULLSHIT !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast