Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer Processors - Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola, Milton, Crestview

Salty Slippery Speckled Trout Viking1204's Avatar

Deer Processors - Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola, Milton, Crestview

If you know of a good deer processor in the FL Panhandle around Fort Walton Beach, Crestview, Milton or the Pensacola areas please list with name of the processor, address, phone number, and what they specialize in. If you know current prices for processing it wouldn't hurt to list that too. I need a new processor and I'm sure others would like to know what options are out there without having to make 100 different phone calls!

Da-Fun-We-Lack Springs RE:DeFuniak on the map
    Smith's Processing Plant, 6790 State Highway 2 E, Westville, FL. Tel: 850-859-2432 westville is the mailing address... they are actually on Rt.2 in darlington... North of defuniak.

I just called Anne (owner) and she said price will be same as last year $.75lb to butcher. For sausage $.60 per LB to smoke, you have to buy the pork at approx. $1.25lb they use about 3lbs pork to 10 of venison. If you want them to skin it she said "The boys in back charge $25."

They are good folks from all I can tell.
    Brent
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

Hmm, I guess everyone processes their own deer Hogdogs thanks for the reply, I was hoping to get some more feedback than just one person, wow!

Hunting Section Moderator TGillman's Avatar
    I don't have mine processed in Florida but I am going to try Cajun Specialties this year after hearing continuous good things about how they process... They will stuff backstraps with crawfish etouffe, crab, shrimp, bacon burger...

www.cajunspecialtymeats.com
    There is humiliation, there is utter humiliation and there is losing the Iron Bowl the way Alabama lost this one - Ivan Maisel - War Damn Eagle !!

Thank guys, that's two, anymore would be greatly appreciated to compare cost. I'm on a tight budget! BTW, fixed your link!

http://www.cajunspecialtymeats.com/

PC, i know there are some members there

I have heard these people are great, i think a bit pricey but real close to my lease, so for you PC people:

Deer Shack 850-872-0286 (HOG & DEER), East Ave (NEW LOCATION)Lynn Haven/Panama City, They are open 8 AM to 9PM attended and prefer the animal with the skin on... people say they are very good,, your backstrap, hams and cube steak included: all sausage $100, hamburger $70 or 50/50 $90, they skin free and gutting is $10 The deer is hung up for a week in the cooler and back to you in 2-3 weeks after killing. Hogs are similar price and depend on weight.

How does the price compare with everyone??
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank you for your Service!

6.8 SPCII Hog Killer

The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

PC, i know there are some members there

Vanderpools...did I spell that right? in Pensacola, they are on here with a post i think, very good.
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank you for your Service!

6.8 SPCII Hog Killer

The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    I have heard these people are great, i think a bit pricey but real close to my lease, so for you PC people:

Deer Shack 850-872-0286 (HOG & DEER), East Ave (NEW LOCATION)Lynn Haven/Panama City, They are open 8 AM to 9PM attended and prefer the animal with the skin on... people say they are very good,, your backstrap, hams and cube steak included: all sausage $100, hamburger $70 or 50/50 $90, they skin free and gutting is $10 The deer is hung up for a week in the cooler and back to you in 2-3 weeks after killing. Hogs are similar price and depend on weight.

How does the price compare with everyone??
    Those prices are pretty good, wish we had something like that in the Fort Walton Beach area. Thanks for posting.

Gurgling Guppie
    6 brothers in fwb does deer processing. They make burger, cube steak, roast, and patti sausage. I took the hams and shoulders from a doe i killed there sunday and they had it all done within 2 hours.

Salty Slippery Speckled Trout jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boggs187 View Post
    6 brothers in fwb does deer processing. They make burger, cube steak, roast, and patti sausage. I took the hams and shoulders from a doe i killed there sunday and they had it all done within 2 hours.
    the brothers up here in selma don't have jobs.

jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast