Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: FBI agent accidentally shoots bar patron while dancing!

Post Thanks / Like

FBI agent accidentally shoots bar patron while dancing!

FBI agent accidentally shoots bar patron when gun falls out of holster while dancing - Video

An FBI agent got himself into an embarrassing situation on Saturday when his service weapon fell out of its holster while dancing at a Denver club and he accidentally shot a fellow patron while retrieving it.

Denver police responded to Mile High Spirits Distillery and Tasting Bar for an accidental shooting at about 12:45 a.m. on Saturday. According to police, an off-duty FBI agent was dancing at the club when his firearm fell to the ground. He picked the gun up and it went off, shooting another person in the leg.
    See the rest (video): FBI agent accidentally shoots bar patron when gun falls out of holster while dancing - ABC News

In case you're wondering, he was using a holster which stayed in place on his belt, but it looks like he needs to adjust the retention pressure on it.

At first I was wondering if the firearm was one of the new Sig Sauer P320s, that will regularly fire if dropped?

However, look closely at the first video of the the gun being dropped on the dance floor, and you will see it discharged when he went to pick it up, and not on impact. I think he panicked as he grabbed the gun, and did not maintain proper trigger discipline by keeping his fingers out of the trigger well as he retrieved it.

Well, he probably still has a bright future as a Security Guard or School Crossing Guard to look forward to! Or, he'll get a slap on the wrist, and the incident will get swept under the rug as the FBI has done with so many other things.

Protecting Those Who Defend America

My Ambulance to Camper Trailer Conversion Build Thread

Just registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never heard of a Sig firing when dropped.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I remembered something about this last year and had to look it up. It looks like there is/was a problem with the Sig 320 they sold to the military and to the public. Not sure if they have rectified it yet or not.

Seems to me you ought not be dropping your weapon!

New Handgun Chosen by U.S. Army Goes Off If Dropped

“When a hunter is in a treestand with moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God.” Fred Bear

Just registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    That has to be embarrassing!!!
    I'm a realtor in Pensacola. Need to buy or sell A home or property??? contact me and lets make it happen!!!
    I am an expert in foreclosures and short sales and foreclosures and have a very high success rate!!

Post Thanks / Like
    There are over a hundred thousand of these guns now in circulation, Sig is aware of the problem, but yet they have not issued a recall.

Protecting Those Who Defend America

My Ambulance to Camper Trailer Conversion Build Thread