Thread: 2016-2017 Hunting Recap

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

2016-2017 Hunting Recap

Wow, what a strange year, ( weekend before Thanksgiving ) Ms Penny and I started our deer season, opening weekend I have 17 deer on my green field and cross hairs on 11 of them, I say to my self, it's opening day lets hold off we have plenty of time. And then the rest of the season happened. I didn't see another deer till the next to the last weekend. Killed a doe on that Saturday.
    Last weekend of deer season I kill an 8 pointer on Saturday . We hunted every weekend from Nov 19 to Feb 5, Off year to say the least, Ms Penny got 3 and I got 2, last year we killed 13 and put 7 in the freezer. Still fun tho, Get outside and do something . Booyah
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-2017 Hunting Recap-image-jpg  

2. Likes patoz, Ultralite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Congratulations on your "slack" season!!! And you are right....nothing beats being in the great outdoors!!
    Need to buy or sell A home or property??? contact me and lets make it happen!!!

I am an expert in short sales and have a very high success rate!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Well my season sucked as far as killing anything. Passed on a couple of small bucks early on and then never did see anything worth shooting after the first of the year. Hopefully I will have better luck next year! Still enjoy time in the woods and at the camper so I can't say the season sucked just my success rate!

“When a hunter is in a treestand with moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God.” Fred Bear

Salty Slippery Speckled Trout Viking1204's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Congrats! Seems about right as far as seeing deer early. I've learned to try and shoot something the first week of the season, good thing about Alabama is there they let you shoot Does all season. This season I killed a Doe Thanksgiving weekend and then didn't see a big Buck the whole season and settled for a Spike with 20 minutes of shooting light left to the season. I hunted every weekend from New Years through Feb. 10 th including one stretch where I hunted 11 days straight in mid January. Strange indeed this year.
    Proud to be an American and Air Force Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Got a question for you men, How long do you stay in the field when your hunting?
    I know a couple guys that don't stay out more than about 3 hours at a time then complain that they never see anything.
    When I hunt it's a sun up to sun down affair.
    Lester

Alloy cuz I don't like to wax...

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    We are defiantly morning hunters, rarely hunt evenings, we hunt in ground blinds, regardless of weather, 1 hour before daylight till usually 1 or 2 pm. This year we did hunt about 4 times in the evening. About 5 times all day, brought our lunch. And every weekend.