Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hurricane Matthew is now a Cat 4!

Post Thanks / Like

Hurricane Matthew is now a Cat 4!

I figured is was about time to go ahead and start a thread on this one...just in case.

Hurricane Matthew is now a Cat 4!

5pm NHC update: winds at 140mph now a Cat 4... pressure 949mb... movement WSW at 9mph! Hurricane Matthew may be breaking records undergoing incredible rapid intensification this past day. Models are all over the place after crossing Cuba. Nothing is set in stone that is for sure as far as track down the road. See everything on Matthew and the tropics at www.spaghettimodels.com.
    https://www.facebook.com/mikesweathe...type=3&theater

So far so good, but a few degrees less turn to the North or a late turn, and we could be in deep do-do.

Protecting Those Who Defend America

My Ambulance to Camper Trailer Conversion Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, winds are up to 150 mph now. 7 more mph (157) and it will be a Cat 5.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutsshws.php

one block pass the Bird's Nest Pensacola Fl
    Post Thanks / Like
    If It's going to turn it Needs to do It HUMMM SOON!!!! Rather than Later!!!!!!
    As Long as your Having fun Fishing,, Then Catching a Fish Is Just One Hell Of a Great Bonus!! Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Hurricane Matthew is now a CAT 5 with 160 mph winds, according to the 11:00 pm EDT run! Also note, the tip of Florida is now included in the cone.

...MATTHEW BECOMES A CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE... ...THE STRONGEST HURRICANE IN THE ATLANTIC SINCE FELIX IN 2007...

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
    Last edited by patoz; 09-30-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a great deal of empathy for those people it will affect but definitely praying it does not get into the Gulf!!!
    I'm a realtor in Pensacola. Need to buy or sell A home or property??? contact me and lets make it happen!!!
    I am an expert in foreclosures and short sales and foreclosures and have a very high success rate!!

Post Thanks / Like
    After becoming a Category 5 hurricane last night, Hurricane Matthew has weakened slightly to a Category 4 on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale. Maximum sustained winds are near 155 mph (250 km/h) with higher gusts. Some fluctuations in intensity are possible this weekend, but Matthew is expected to remain a powerful hurricane through that time.

...It is important to remind users that average NHC track forecast errors are around 175 miles at day 4 and 230 miles at day 5. Therefore, it is too soon to rule out possible hurricane impacts from Matthew in Florida.
    https://www.facebook.com/NWSNHC/phot...75279723504180

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it looks like Hurricane Matthew is finally moving according to the 11:00 pm EDT update.

11pm NHC update: Matthew is moving. Current winds 150mph, pressure 940mb, and movement NNW at 7mph. Track very close to 5pm with a little shift to the east. Still mentioning for Florida to stay alert. Still a monster... www.spaghettimodels.com

https://www.facebook.com/mikesweathe...type=3&theater

Gurgling Guppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    God bless everyone.Im in N Alabama but a tip that might help even one person who leaves there home is to use those garage door locks.When wind get in by picking up garage door it blows in and blows out windows doors roofs etc.
    My daughters house is in Fort Morgan area and she has hurricane stickers to get to her house after a hurricane which the township would block roads to public.So check your hurricane stickers if you have them and don't get blocked access to your home.Be safe guys and gals Tom

9. Thanks patoz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the 5 am EDT update on Matthew...

Dangerous Hurricane Matthew is centered at 5 a.m. EDT about 65 north-northwest of the eastern tip of Cuba. Maximum sustained winds are near 125 mph (205 km/h) with higher gusts - a category 3 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale. Some slight strengthening is forecast during the next couple of days.

However, this is a 3 day forecast and a lot can happen between now and then. The storm to the right is TS Nicole and her winds are at 50 mph right now. Anybody remember the movie "Perfect Storm'?

Hurricane Matthew is now a Cat 4!-sshot-2016-10-05-3-jpg

For some reason the forum reduced my full size screenshot down to this, sorry... The black box indicates Matthew will be a Cat 4 and this position is for Friday 1:00 am, on 10/07/2016. Winds are at 130 mph.

The Florida east coast is going to get it's butt kicked!

Last edited by patoz; 10-05-2016 at 09:46 AM.

11. Thanks Ultralite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out this 'Hook' forecast track. It looks like Matthew could possibly be a 'Double Whammy' for Florida!

Hurricane Matthew is now a Cat 4!-capture-jpg