Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: KlaasKIDS Search Center 1st Annual First Responders BBQ Cook-Off

Post Thanks / Like

KlaasKIDS Search Center 1st Annual First Responders BBQ Cook-Off

1st Annual First Responders BBQ Cook-Off
    Public · Fundraiser · Hosted by KlaasKIDS Search Center for Missing & Trafficked Children

Come out to the Hadji Shriner's Temple located on Nine Mile Rd in Pensacola, Fl. March 11th and join the family-friendly atmosphere as we judge BBQ cooked by our area's FINEST FIRST RESPONDERS.

All proceeds from this event support the KlaasKIDS Search Center for Missing & Trafficked Children. Admission to the event is FREE. There will be activities for the children.

1st Annual First Responders BBQ Cook-Off

This is for a very good cause! These abductions are happening a lot more than most people know about. It happened to a friend and co-worker's daughter a couple of years ago and she is still missing.

So, if you're out and about Saturday, stop by for lunch. EMTs vs. Cops so you know this is going to be some good chow!

Protecting Those Who Defend America

My Ambulance to Camper Trailer Conversion Build Thread

one block pass the Bird's Nest Pensacola Fl
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pat Will There Be Food for sale to take home also are Just For Tasting?? Just asking BC If I can Make it It will be about Over When I get There will still pay to get In if I can get a Plate to Go!!!! and Pay For!!
    As Long as your Having fun Fishing,, Then Catching a Fish Is Just One Hell Of a Great Bonus!! Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redfish View Post
    Pat Will There Be Food for sale to take home also are Just For Tasting?? Just asking BC If I can Make it It will be about Over When I get There will still pay to get In if I can get a Plate to Go!!!! and Pay For!!

Dwayne,

I couldn't find a phone number for them, but if you get there at the end of the day and they still have food left, I imagine they would just about give it too just to get rid of it. Of course a donation would help also, and I'm sure it would be appreciated.

one block pass the Bird's Nest Pensacola Fl
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Pat Got home to Late Maybe Next Time!!!
    As Long as your Having fun Fishing,, Then Catching a Fish Is Just One Hell Of a Great Bonus!! Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    At least the thought was there Dwayne. I got stuck working on the boat and didn't get that way. I know it's a poor excuse but it's all I got. Fuel issues should be resolved and the ole bay/river lake boat should be good to go.

If anyone knows of anyone selling a decent trolling motor I sure could use one. Just need it for the lakes not anything powerful.

“When a hunter is in a treestand with moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God.” Fred Bear

Post Thanks / Like
    Dwayne,

I didn't get there until about 3 pm, and they were starting to wind it down then.

Apparently, the turnout wasn't as good as they had hoped, but they didn't really get the word out in time for people to make plans, and for teams to really get organized. They are going to do it again next year, with more advanced notice and not on the same day as the McGuire's Run and several other things that were going on today.

However, the food was fantastic! One of the Judges was Rodney Daniels, who's daughter Tiffany disappeared several years ago, and has never been heard from since. Today was her birthday. Rodney and I used to work together in the FD, but we were on opposite shifts.

For the contest, each competitor submitted a pan of their best for judging, and the rest went to the public for tasting. When it was all done there were still quite a lot 'entries' left over, so guess took helped clean up by taking a big ole pan of said 'entries' home. Hey, I did my part!