Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: CFP Playoffs

Crazed Cantankerous Croaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Clap2 CFP Playoffs

Awfully quite around here...... Roll Tide!

Post Thanks / Like
    The playoffs should be about the best teams available. Period. i watched a lot of the commentators and all the hype and garbage they spit out until i was about ready to throw up. Most of the crap seemed to be about how unfair it would be to have two teams from the SEC in the playoffs and especially if it meant omitting Ohio State from the scene. .Enough already.
    The playoffs (may i repeat) is about having the best 4 teams, not about pedigree! Alabama is there because they were beaten by a very good Auburn team in a game that they could have just as easily won. Ohio State lost to Iowa 55-24. Hard to consider that a "quality" loss

Like it or not the committee got things right. Alabama deserves to be where they are. And if all four of the teams were from the SEC or any other conference, what difference does it make?? THE BEST 4 TEAMS....REMEMBER!!!

And, Roll Tide. If you can't take the trophy home I hope Georgia can. Either team has their work cut out for them!
    Last edited by fish baiter; 1 Week Ago at 11:12 AM.
    I'm a realtor in Pensacola. Need to buy or sell A home or property??? contact me and lets make it happen!!!
    I am an expert in foreclosures and short sales and foreclosures and have a very high success rate!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If they would make this a true playoff and bring in the top 8 teams there wouldn’t be this heartburn this year about bama getting in without winning their conference and wouldn’t have been a problem last year with Ohio St. doing exactly what bama did this year. Both teams would have made it in the 8 team playoff and we could forgo all this.

It would require eliminating one or two games but that could be where the pushover games are done away with. I think it will eventually evolve into this since this is 2 years in a row that a non-conference champion slid into the playoffs.

I will be rooting for Clemson and the Georgia Bulldogs to face off in the championship game.

“When a hunter is in a treestand with moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God.” Fred Bear

4. Likes Ultralite liked this post
    one block pass the Bird's Nest Pensacola Fl
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think your Right Scott and I,m going for Clemson or Georgia!! but Really don,t care all that Much, and Not BC the Canes are not There,, BC in my opinion They have Sucked all Season Just got Damn Lucky to get as far as they Did, I just would Like to see a Good Game where Both teams Give it their all and at anytime can change on a Dime,, Perfect Example Did anyone see That UCF and SF Game Now that was a Game!!!!! Both Teams Gave It their All!!!!!!!!!! Just My 2!!!!!!!
    As Long as your Having fun Fishing,, Then Catching a Fish Is Just One Hell Of a Great Bonus!! Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    ​I really hope that an SEC team takes the Crystal Ball home with them. I prefer Alabama but would be just as happy with Georgia inasmuch as there is no team from our great home state of Florida in the mix

That being said, the rematch between Clemson and Alabama should be one heck of a game. Maybe the best thing that happened to the Crimson tide was the humiliating loss to Auburn. Kinda served to remind them that they are not invincible.
    I'm a realtor in Pensacola. Need to buy or sell A home or property??? contact me and lets make it happen!!!
    I am an expert in foreclosures and short sales and foreclosures and have a very high success rate!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, I fully agree that there should be at least 8 teams in the playoffs. It only took about 100 years for them to get to a 4 team playoff. Wonder how long the next step will take????

Post Thanks / Like

CFP Playoffs

I think that if the div 1 FBS ncaa has 11 conferences, there should be 11 teams in playoffs. If the other divisions are too “weak” to compete, then put that conference in the FCS. That’s what every other sport does. Only in div 1 football can you win your conference and not have a chance of becoming a national champ. Winning the national championship doesn’t automatically make you the best, it just means you played better than the other team that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kahala boy; 1 Week Ago at 12:23 AM.

SWEET OKOLE
    808-HANAPA'A

one block pass the Bird's Nest Pensacola Fl
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kahala boy View Post
    I think that if the div 1 FBS ncaa has 11 conferences, there should be 11 teams in playoffs. If the other divisions are too “weak” to compete, then put that conference in the FCS. That’s what every other sport does. Only in div 1 football can you win your conference and not have a chance of becoming a national champ. Winning the national championship doesn’t automatically make you the best, it just means you played better than the other team that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hama your last sentence is SPOT ON,, and that goes for any Sports, Collage Ball has Become Worse than The NFL !!! It is all about the Money NOT the People That have gone there too get a Education!!!!!! Coaches getting Paid 75 Million over ten years and Teachers getting Paid maybe just enough to get By!!!! Just Doesn't add up to Me,,, Yes I like watching Sports But I also Remember It's just a GAME,,,,,, Nothing More ,,, Nothing Less,,,,,, Will not change My Life if My Teams Lose Or Win!!! Still Have to Get Up and put my Pant's on one Leg at a Time!! J M 2 Cent's
    As Long as your Having fun Fishing,, Then Catching a Fish Is Just One Hell Of a Great Bonus!! Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    College sports in general and Football in particular has become a huge business generating an enormous amount of income. The salaries they pay coaches these days is absolutely ridiculous. Jimbo gets a $75,000,000 deal to coach Texas A&M??? Ridiculous....and extend that to other coaches that are being paid like kings. And, if they are not successful it costs the institution big time to get rid for them for doing a bad job. Case in point...Florida paid Jim McElwain $7.5 Million and Arkansas paid Bret Bielema just under $6 Million to leave the program. And, FSU has to buy out Willie's contract for $3 Million on top of a 6 year, $30 million deal
    A long time ago i taught school in Walton County and after 4 years I quit because I could not support myself and a young family. Everyone rants about the importance of education for our children but the best teaches leave because of one thing....MONEY
    And Redfish and Kahala Boy are both right. At the end of the day it is just a game. And, if my favorite team loses I am, not going to stop breathing. Might be pissed for a while and especially if they played badly, but life will go on
    And, if Division 2 has an extended playoff and has for years why not Division 1 ( FBS or whatever the heck they call it)?

Last edited by fish baiter; 1 Week Ago at 11:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redfish View Post
    Collage Ball has Become Worse than The NFL !!!
    One exception brah, at least they are still standing for the national anthem

SWEET OKOLE
    808-HANAPA'A